America’s Image Expert
Conselle L.C. president and CEO, and Director of the Conselle Institute of Image Management, Judith is a Certified Image Master (CIM) in the Association of Image Consultants International, one of the first awarded the achievement and one of only eight in the world.
Judith earned a master’s degree specializing in the artistic, social, and psychological aspects of dress and image. With a passion for the work, this dynamic image consulting professional has decades of experience in the field as fashion and image educator, author, columnist, speaker, consultant, stylist, and video producer.
An international authority on image consulting and management, Judith is a presenter, consultant, and coach to private individuals, civic, corporate, government, and academic organizations and associations throughout the U.S. and Canada. Addressing the sensitive, often emotional, issues of personal appearance, attitude, and etiquette, she is known to present more than 250 seminars in a single year.
Image Consulting Corporate Clients
Judith has worked with a wide variety of corporate and association clients, using image as a branding tool. They include: Texaco, IBM, State Farm, Marriott Corporation, Century 21, AT&T, Bonneville Communications, Beneficial Financial, Procter & Gamble, the Dietetics Association, The Canadian Needlecraft Association, Madeleine Direct, Juvenile Courts of Utah, Talbots, Holy Cross Hospital, First Security Bank, Burda, Bernina of America, Arthur Andersen, U.S. Department of Education, and Countless others.
Image Consulting Achievements, Awards, and Affiliations
- A member of the Association of Image Consultants International, Judith was awarded AICI’s Certified Image Master (CIM) status in 2000, one of the first to achieve this highest level of professionalism.
- Judith was honored with the prestigious “IMMIE”, AICI’s Image Makers Merit of Industry Excellence award in the area of Education, identifying her as one of the top image professionals internationally.
- Judith served as AICI’s VP Marketing, Advanced Education Chair, and Ethics Chair.
- Fashion Education Director for the Tailored Apparel, Jewelry, and Accessories Council
- Fashion Education Director for the Men’s Apparel Alliance
- Member of the International Textiles & Apparel Association
- Member of the American Association of Family & Consumer Science, Certified
- Member of Fashion Group International
- Member of the Association of Design Professionals
- Member of the National Speakers Association, Mountain West Chapter
- Member of the International Society of Performance Improvement
Image Consulting Sponsored Seminars
Judith is a fun, energetic, and vivacious seminar presenter and an excellent example of a successful entrepreneur. “We have a lot of serious fun!” An entertaining and inspiring speaker, she brings humor and perspective to everyday image and wardrobe challenges. As an image management professional, she is an agent of change with practical and immediately applicable techniques and strategies for taking charge of appearance. Seminar participants appreciate her authentic concern for others. Her ability to zero in on the immediate needs of individuals results in outstanding levels of personal development and goal achievement. Judith makes a difference.
Image Consulting Publications and Appearances
Judith is the author of text and trade books that include the Image Management Quick Reference Guide, Wardrobe Strategies, Fabulous Fit 2nd Edition, the industry bible Fitting and Pattern Alteration 2nd Edition, as well as the award winning classic videos LookChangers and Five Easy Pieces. All are used in schools and universities and at Fashion Institute of Technology.
Her articles and quotes have appeared USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur, Men’s Health, Glamour, Shape, European Stars & Stripes, Threads, Woman’s Day, Family Circle, and Image Update as well as newspapers nationwide. She has appeared on television and radio shows such as Oprah, Today, Good Morning America, ABC News, and the BBC, as well as scores of regional news and talk shows.
Outside of Being an Image Consultant
Judith grew up in Washington State and now resides in Utah—at the base of a 12,000 foot mountain. With her husband, physicist Neil Rasband, she raised four children and delights in thirteen grandchildren. In her youth, Judi’s life revolved around theater and dance, interests which continue to bring her joy. She loves to travel, checking out interesting restaurants and historic homes worldwide.
Publications & Appearances
For the latest in fashion and image management, sign up for the Conselle Newsletter.Newsletter
See how Judith Rasband and Conselle bust popular image myths.Read More
Read the Conselle blog for a daily dose of image information!Blog