Conselle L.C. is a private image consulting firm in cooperation with the highly respected Conselle Institute of Image Management.
Conselle is engaged in the development of innovative educational concepts, strategies, systems, materials, seminars, workshops, short courses, special events programs, individual services, and private consulting, all relating to the physical, social, psychological, and aesthetic aspects of personal appearance and self-presentation in all walks of life.
Conselle is a full-service image consulting firm, the most comprehensive image management company in the field working with business, industry, university, government, church, and civic organizations. For each client, we research and customize the program or service to deliver extraordinary results that meet and exceed expectations. With each program or service, we include attention-getting interactive exercises, assessment instruments, and print materials for clarification and continued learning.
The Conselle Institute offered the first training program in image consulting—an educational-training committed to educating professional image consultants to succeed in business over the long term. Conselle is known for expertise and advances in image education, non-verbal communication through dress, business casual issues and solutions, self-branding, personal and professional style, visual design in dress, custom fitting and alteration, and wardrobing for all life-cycle stages.
Licensed in the 1970s as Personal/Professional Style Consultants, the company name was later changed to Conselle L.C. in 1989. The Conselle Institute of Image Management applied for and earned government status as a post-secondary school in 2000. Conselle stands for the finest in image information and sets the standard for excellence within the image industry, impacting how people look, think, feel, act and influence, live and work.
Mission Statement—“What We Do and Why We Do It”
We are committed to excellence in making valuable, relevant, accurate, and practical image information available in an affordable, enjoyable, and instructional format, empowering people to simplify and manage their lives more effectively; empowering individuals and organizations to significantly enhance their brand and increase their performance capability, and empowering professional image consultants to succeed in business—all for the purpose of achieving worthwhile goals through understanding and applying proven principles and strategies in image management. To listen well, work hard, persevere, and provide significant anecdotal or measurable consulting value to our clients.
Values Statements—“How We Do It”
We are committed to the following driving forces in our work:
- Authenticity with Individuality and Self-Expression:
- Appropriateness with Courage and Flexibility:
- Attractiveness with Comfort and Harmony:
- Affordability with Quality and Durability:
Ethics Statement—“Do The Right Thing”
We are committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct and personal integrity in all that we do and to appropriate support and confidentiality with each client. We believe that honesty and integrity bring about trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
Vision Statement—“Where We’re Going”
Conselle will continue to be recognized and respected as a top provider of image education in the field. Specifically, Conselle will provide the most exceptional image education materials, seminars, workshops, consulting, and coaching, thereby empowering and enabling clients to achieve their personal and professional goals by applying image management strategies in everyday life. Ultimately, to raise awareness of the high value and harmony image management brings to everyday life.
Why We Call Ourselves Image Management Professionals
Judith Rasband, Conselle president, is generally credited with coining the phrase “Image Management Professional,” which distinguishes Conselle in the marketplace. Many image professionals have now picked up on this designation. This is an honorable and vital identity, particularly in this day of instant gratification and casualization in dress, grooming, and etiquette.
What Sets Conselle and Affiliates Apart?
- We advocate the art and act of managing, using, or controlling the use of clothing and grooming aids as resources—tools you can use to help you achieve your goals. This is a common-sense and practical process that allows you to carry out strategies thoughtfully and easily.
- We recognize the impact clothing has on you, not just on others, affecting the way you think, feel, act or behave, and then the way others react or respond to you.
- We know the WHY behind the who, what, when, where, and how-to options. There are no canned responses to clients.
- We work as teachers and as coaches in dressing you from the inside out—selecting and coordinating what you wear according to your internal values, attitudes, personality traits, lifestyle, roles and goals. We invite you to experience the positive transformation that occurs when dressing from the inside out.